Monday, June 30, 2014

Mary Pow Sews a Bit Of Whimsy into Her Bags and Pouches


Mary Pow designs and makes cute bags shaped like sharks, bees, ladybugs and other animals, as well as several styles of sleek pouches, wallets, and cases, under the business name MinneBites. Her home studio is located in Nokomis East, part of the greater Longfellow community, and that is where she will be showing for the Lola Art Crawl, which she is participating in for the first time this year.


Shark pencil cases

What inspires/informs your art?
Nature, color, and fashion

wristlet

What do you like about LoLa; why did you join?
I think it will be a great way for me to connect more with my community and with other artists within my community.

A small portfolio pouch for men

Are you doing anything special for LoLa?
I plan to serve refreshments and have a kids crafting table since many of the creations I make are geared for kids.

Bug wristlet

See more of Mary’s creations in her Etsy shop and on her website, and follow her on Facebook to keep apprised of her latest creations and activities.



No comments:

Post a Comment