Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Jean Bushey Weaves the Colors of Autumn into Her Beaded Jewelry


I love the freedom beading gives me to work in different colors,” says Jean Bushey, who crafts jewelry mostly employing a technique known as bead weaving,




She is participating in LoLa for the third time, and will be showing at the home of glass artist Nicole Fierce, who was featured on this blog earlier. 


What inspires/informs your art?
Color, which of course is everywhere. Leaves, flowers, birds and an occasional turtle!


I have some favorite patterns but always try to work them in different colors. I've worked in fine jewelry and watch repair for many years, and though I've enjoyed it and it payed the bills, it didn't give me the satisfaction that beadwork does. I love working with tiny bits and pieces. My favorite palette always leans toward the changing fall colors which is what inspired my Autumn Jewels.



What do you like about Lola?
It's so fun to work in my own neighborhood. Longfellow is a wonderful community full of creativity.

Are you doing anything special for Lola?
There will be a lovely refreshment table.



See more of Jean’s beadweaving and other jewelry on her website, Autumn Jewels. 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! Will any of these beautiful bracelets fit a man's wrist? I've been searching forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hello! Here's a corrected reply. If you go to the website linked above (at the end of the blog post), you will see a way to contact Jean directly. She was going to participate in the Becketwood And LoLa Art Fair, but had to cancel.

      Delete